Non-Traditional Transfer

A non-traditional transfer student has attended a non-community college post-secondary institution(s), is 'over' the age of 21, and has not earned a bachelor’s degree. Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree and would like to earn a second Bachelor’s degree are classified as a second degree student and not a transfer student.


Special Considerations for Non-Traditional Transfer Students

  • Many campuses in the UNC system have pathways designed to help transfer students chose the right classes.

To transfer to a UNC campus as a Non-Traditional Student:

  1. After choosing a campus, review the individual campus admission requirements.
  2. Contact the transfer counselor at the campus of your choice.
  3. Choose a degree and field of study at one of UNC's 16 public institutions using the table below.
  4. Fill out a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and visit the Financial Aid office on the campus of your choice.
  5. Review course equivalencies at the campus of your choice.


Accessibility options

Adjust the interface to make it easier to use for different conditions.
This renders the document in high contrast mode.
This renders the document as white on black
This can help those with trouble processing rapid screen movements.
This loads a font easier to read for people with dyslexia.